Cards:
- 1/4, q=132, neutral legato
- 2/4, q=96, espr. legato
- 3/4, q=108, espr. legato
- 7/4, q=120, gravity
- 6/4, q=72, heavy staccato
- 5/4, q=144, legato w/click (!)
- 4/4, q=84, gravity
- 8/4, q=60, light staccato (!)
Commentary: This was fun and weird. Some of the combinations were confusing. 90 seconds gave me enough time to practice different dynamic levels and different muscle groups.
Practiced left hand at q=60 (q=72 for cues)
Commentary: This felt too slow I think. Can you suggest some metronome markings to rotate between?
Overall commentary: I loved having this structure to the exercise. I might try to write a small program to help automate the flash cards. Also, I would like to add some active/passive exercises into the mix.
EDIT: Program made!
EDIT: Program made!
Excellent! Your two most extreme examples (60 and 144) bring up intriguing challenges. The 8/4 is directly out of Peter Grimes. Hard to describe in words. Let's look at it in person next lesson.
ReplyDeleteNot sure what you mean specifically in practicing left hand at 60. Dynamics? Crescendo and decrescendo? Right hand?
I'll think about passive/active strategies.